CAMP CBY T&Cs
These T&Cs has been developed to define the terms and conditions of registering with “Camp CBY”, the annual summer camp hosted by The CBY Academy of Performing Arts Ltd, Waterdown. New registrants are required to read this agreement fully and provide confirmation of acceptance when registering. Your acceptance of this agreement serves as an understanding of the mutually beneficial relationship between yourself and CBY and it is understood that all terms will be upheld as outlined.
- General details
- CBY Music & Performing Arts is a private performing arts academy that provides an annual performing arts summer camp called “Camp CBY” that runs throughout July and August.
- Standard camp opening hours are 9am-4pm daily. Before care is 8am-9am and after care is 4pm-5pm.
- Our email address is email@example.com and our phone number is (905) 320-3223.
- Our studio is located at 21 Mill St N, Waterdown.
- We reserve the right to amend this agreement at any given time. In this instance, we will notify you of changes made.
- Fees and payments
- Withdrawal requests received between January 13th and April 30th will be 100% refunded.
- Withdrawal requests received between May 1st and May 31st will be 50% refunded, or you can arrange a transfer of your camp spot to another student.
- Withdrawal requests received on or after June 1st will not be refunded. You can still arrange a transfer of your camp spot to another student up until the day before the camp session you have registered for starts.
- One week programs are $250 + HST and two week programs are $500 + HST.
- Payment of fees is due upon registration and can be made online by credit card.
- Withdrawal requests will be processed as follows:
- Statutory vacations
- The studio is closed for the following dates during camp:
- Because of this closure, fees for the second week of the Silver Screen Stars camp session are prorated.
- Student registration
- Upon registering for Camp CBY, an account on our studio portal myCBY will be created.
- You can login to myCBY to check your account, payment methods, camp schedules and more by visiting www.cbymusic.com/login
- Use of your personal data
- When you submit our registration form, we store your personal data in our secure studio database.
- We use this data to communicate with you and to be aware of any personal circumstances that may be important for us to know.
- Your personal data is never shared with any third party and never scrutinized by anyone outside the studio.
- Credit card information is stored securely and is only used to collect recurring payments. Only you can see your credit card information. We use the latest in SSL encryption and security as required by our financial partners.
- Termination of registration
- Please follow clause 2 of this agreement should you wish to withdraw your registration.
- Wear a Camp CBY tee shirt at all times (billable to the selected payment method). Tee shirts will go on sale after March break. We will reach out via email to collect sizing info and to inquire as to how many camp shirts you wish to purchase. Students who still have their Camp CBY shirts from 2022 may wear them again this year; Please let us know if this is your plan.
- Bring a packed lunch every day.
- Maintain standards of community behaviour, safety and inclusion during camp sessions, as well as have a willingness to try camp activities.
- Security Measures
- Each room at the CBY academy is monitored by CCTV cameras.
- Video and audio are captured at all times and stored securely on our internal server.
- In accordance with the ‘one-party consent rule’, as outlined in section 184 of the Canadian criminal code, by accepting this agreement, you consent to the recording of any and all audio, including but not limited to, in-lesson dialogue, social conversations and rehearsals, that take place within the CBY premises via our CCTV cameras. Such audio recordings are only scrutinized in the event of a necessary investigation and otherwise stored securely on our internal servers.
- The main entrance to the studio (located at the foot of our lobby staircase) is locked from the outside at all times. Access cannot be gained without an access card. Staff carry access cards.
- Digital interaction between staff and parents/students via CBY email accounts, file sharing and myCBY activity is monitored and archived.
- We take the safety of our campers and staff very seriously. For everyone’s protection, we have installed the following measures:
- Staff-Parent-Student communication
- Emailing our general address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texting or calling the studio number at 905-320-3223
- It is prohibited at all times for a parent/student to communicate with a CBY teacher using a personal line of communication.
- It is prohibited at all times for a CBY teacher to communicate with a parent/student using a personal line of communication.
- For clarity, a personal line of communication includes, but is not limited to, personal cell phone number, email address, social media account, online messaging service such as Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger etc.
- If communication is carried out using personal lines, it will result in an immediate investigation by the academy leadership and may result in the expulsion of the student or disciplinary action being taken against the teacher up to and including dismissal.
- Staff-parent-student communication should only be conducted using an approved CBY line of communication. This includes:
- We reserve the right to close the studio in the event of emergencies including medical, technical and force majeure conditions.
- We will provide as much notice as possible if we take the decision to close the studio.
- Last-minute closures will be communicated via phone call and email.
2. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND POLICIES
While it is impossible to know what protocols may be required in July and August, we ask that you read up on our current policies and practices with an understanding that they may still apply in the summer.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- “Surgically Clean Air” brand air purifiers in both studio rooms, capable of 6 air changes per hour. Additional medical-grade air cleaners in every auxiliary room in the studio building.
- Brand new HVAC installed during the recent studio reno, complete with a MERV- 13 filter.
- All of our instructors are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Additional sanitization of high-touch surfaces throughout the studio and sanitization of shared instruments between each use.
- Expectation that students do not attend if they are symptomatic in any way, and that they wear a well-fitted mask if they live with a symptomatic person.
- Support for masking: masking for private lessons at the student or teachers’ request. Inclusive environment for mask- wearing in groups.
- In the event that Public Health or the Ontario Government determines we must move online, we are fully equipped to do so. All classes and lessons will continue via Zoom and return to in-person as soon as our PHU/Ontario Government determines it is allowed. We have 18 months of practice in delivering online lessons, so we can ensure that it will still be a productive, enriching experience.
What we expect from you:
- N95 (or equivalent) masks when requested by the teacher, or if someone you live with is currently experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, or if you have had direct recent exposure to Covid-19. A student may also request a private lesson teacher wear a mask, and that request will be honoured.
- Masks are optional for all camp sessions.
- All students must complete the Ontario School Screening Tool prior to attending their lesson. There is no longer a need to show us the green checkmark, however if we notice you have symptoms or exposures that are not in line with “passing” the tool, the student will be sent home and the lesson forfeited. It is extremely important to continue doing this screening every time you attend the studio, even though we will no longer be asking for you to show proof.
- Parents may escort students to the downstairs main doors of the studio; your instructor will no longer be meeting you at the top of the stairs. Any parents and waiting students who wish to remain in the inside reception area must wear a mask until further notice while in the reception area. Only three people may be in the reception area at any time. If this area is full, or you do not wish to wear a mask, you may wait outside of the reception area (at the bottom of the stairs) in the provided chairs.
- If your student or a household member has tested positive for COVID-19, or if you have been directed by Public Health to self-isolate (i.e. if you were a close contact of a positive individual), we ask that you notify us ASAP so that we can determine what contact tracing may be necessary on our end, and arrange for your student to attend lessons online for the duration of their isolation.
- If your student develops symptoms after arrival, they will be required to leave ASAP. They will be asked to wait in the lobby (with visual supervision) and you will be called to pick them up. Please always let us know at the door if your student is experiencing acute episodes with allergies, asthma etc that may cause them to display similar but unrelated symptoms while at the studio.
- If you or your student have been discovered to have been knowingly untruthful on the COVID screening questionnaire, or if there is a willing lack of adherence to our policies, we reserve the right to terminate your student’s continued participation in studio activities.
- Covid-19 aside, do not attend your lesson in person if you are unwell. If you are well enough to have a lesson, you may take this lesson online. Otherwise, you can access our enrichment video series at a time when you are feeling better. If you are not well enough to attend school that day, you are not well enough to attend your lessons.
All protocols are subject to change as we navigate through this year, and may also need to change to remain compliant with government directives. We will comply with all government requirements, as well as best industry practices pertaining to the specific conditions of music, dance and theatre performance.
Ontario Screening Guidelines
Do not enter the studio if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever and/ or chills (temp of 37.8C or higher)
- Cough or barking cough (croup)
- Whistling noise when breathing (not related to asthma or other known conditions)
- Shortness of breath/ out of breath/ unable to breathe deeply (not related to asthma or other known conditions)
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing
- Runny or stuffy/ congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or being outside in the cold)
- Headache (unusual, long-lasting, not chronic migraines or other known conditions)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea (not related to IBS, anxiety, menstruation, or known conditions)
- Extreme tiredness or muscle aches, unusual fatigue, lack of energy (not related to known conditions)
- Do not enter if you live with or were are close contact of someone who is currently experiencing any new Covid-19 symptoms, or is awaiting test results after experiencing symptoms. If you are fully vaccinated and have passed the screening tool, you may enter as long as you are wearing a well-fitted n95 mask for the duration of your lesson. In this case, only the student may be in the waiting area (no other members of the household may enter).
- Do not enter if a family member or close contact has a confirmed, active case of Covid-19. You may take your lesson online in this instance.
- Do not enter if a health care provider, doctor, or public health unit has told you you should currently be isolating (staying at home).
3. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK AND WAIVER LIABILITY RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19
CBY Music and Performing Arts has put in place measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19, including the use of medical-grade air purifiers, support for masking, increased sanitization, vaccination of staff and Covid-19 screening.
However, CBY Music and Performing Arts cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID- 19 as a result of participating in our programs.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that myself, my child(ren), and my family may be exposed to or infected by COVID- 19 by attending CBY Music and Performing Arts, and that such exposure may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability and death.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren), myself or my family, (including but not limited to personal injury, disability and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I, my child(ren) or my family may experience or incur in connection with myself or my child(ren)’s attendance at CBY Music and Performing Arts or participation in CBY Music and Performing Arts Programming.
On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren) and family, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless CBY Music and Performing Arts, its staff, volunteers, agents and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of CBY Music and Performing Arts, its staff, volunteers, agents, representatives and participants, whether a COVID- 19 infection occurs before, during or after participation in any CBY Music and Performing Arts program.
I have received a copy of the CBY Music and Performing Arts policies and will take the responsibility to carefully read and follow the rules and policies therein. I understand that my own/ my child(ren)’s adherence to the expectations outlined in the policy are critical in minimizing the risk of COVID-19 exposure/ infection at CBY Music and Performing Arts, and I accept the personal responsibility to meet these expectations every single time I/ my child(ren) attend CBY Music and Performing Arts activities in person.
4. MEDICAL RELEASE
For the purposes of this release of liability and waiver, “I/we” refers to the student and parent/guardian of the student, if the student is under 18 years of age upon registration.
I/we realize that participation in music, dance, and acting classes and activities could involve some possible personal injury. Despite precautions being taken by the studio, accidents and injuries may occur. By signing this release form, I/we voluntarily assume all risks related to the use of any and all spaces used by CBY Music and Performing Arts and participation in CBY Music and Performing Arts activities.
I/we agree to release from responsibility CBY Music and Performing Arts, including all teachers, students, staff members, and facilities used by all entities from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I/we will not hold CBY Music and Performing Arts liable for any personal injury or any personal property damage/loss, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes.
Furthermore, I/we agree to obey the class and facility rules and take full responsibility for my/our behaviour in addition to any damage I/we may cause to the facilities utilized by CBY Music and Performing Arts.
In case of emergency, if the parent/ guardian is not immediately available, I/ we hereby authorize the administration of any medical procedure deemed necessary by the attending physician and/ or other medical staff and/ or first aiders attending to my child’s care. I also give permission for my child to be transported to a physician’s office, urgent care centre or hospital with no liability on the driver’s part. I understand and assume the costs of an ambulance should one be required to transport my child to the hospital.
I have received a copy of the CBY Music and Performing Arts policies, including Covid- 19 policies, and will take the responsibility to carefully read and follow the rules and policies therein.